Skimlinks

Wednesday 22 August 2012

AUTUMN / WINTER 2012

This autumn/ winter, I am really looking forward to more 'classic' look filled with traditionally autumnal colours, heritage styles and classic shapes. I am thinking Barbour-esque jackets, mustard trousers and heeled Chelsea boots. However, I am also very excited by the continued use of leather, lace and studs in this seasons looks, as I think these small touches can modernise a more traditional look, and make things more interesting. These are a few of my favourite pieces from upcoming high street collections.
1). Dark red ponti skirt, River Island, £16. I am a massive fan of the skater skirt, and this rich, burgundy is both on-trend colour wise, and generally a lovely colour. The skater skirt is extremely flattering on most body shapes, and also I feel it is a very girly shaped skirt (as opposed to a bodycon skirt, for example).

2). Light beige PU fallaway jacket, River Island, £60. A fairly mature style jacket, I feel this is an eternally chic jacket, which for some reason I have fallen in love with!

3). Scenic print leggings, Urban Outfitters, £28. This style of legging has been everywhere on lookbook.com and other 'streetstyle' blogs. I love them, and whilst £28 may seem a little steep for leggings, they are a bargain compared to their £70 Black Milk Clothing versions.

4). Burgundy quilted jacket, Dorothy Perkins, £29.99. I found this lovely quilted jacket on StyleCompare.co.uk, and really glad I did, because £29.99 is a very good price for a hooded jacket of this type, and I would never have thought to look at Dorothy Perkins. This jacket will be great for the in between months, worn with dark skinny jeans, Chelsea boots and a pretty, lacy top.

5). Sparkle and Fade pleather ponte skinny trousers, Urban Outfitter, £40. The beauty of these trousers is their simplicity. They subtlety add some 'leather' into your outfit, to update or intensify a plain or classic look.

6). Broughton super skinny jeans, Jack Wills, £49.50. I am a massive fan of mustard at the moment, and these skinny jeans are in a fantastic colour. These can be dressed up or down; casually or elegant; girly with a floral or lace top, or can be styled to the military trend. In other words, they are an extremely versatile item of clothing.

7). London studded belt, Topshop, £18. The studding adds edge, and why not continue the summer's patriotism into autumn/ winter? ;)

8). Red zebra print intarsia jumper, River Island, £35. The colour, the print, the slouchy shape! I love this jumper, which would look amazing over dark skinnys, or over a skater skirt.

9). Timsbury crew, Jack Wills, was £69 now £39. The reason I like this top is the classic fit and style of it. You also know it will be well made and comfortable. Definitely wasn't worth £69, but in the sale it is definitely on my wish list!

10). Sleeveless boucle peplum top, Topshop, £25. Boucle is one of the traditional materials making a strong impact this season, and peplums have recently made a comeback. Again, I like the colour and tailored style of this top, which I think would look gorgeous dressed down or dressed up with edgy accessories.

11). Sequin Laura dress by Jones and Jones, Topshop, £65. Oh this dress! If only I had an appropriate event! The colour is so now and so pretty, the lace is beautiful, and the petticoat-ed skirt is truly stunning.

12). Alexy platform Chelsea boot, Topshop, £75. By far my favourite shoe on the net at the moment! The Chelsea style, the chunky heel and platform! To die for. I believe they will complete pretty much any outfit I can think of  for the coming months, and beyond. Beautiful!



Thank you for reading, I hope you are as excited for the autumn/ winter fashion as I am :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment