Skimlinks

Saturday 23 March 2013

Dainty Doll [on the cheap] // Haul & Review

L-R : Blusher in My Girl //  Lipstick in Storm in a Teacup // Lipstick in Saucy Sailor // Blusher in You Are My Sunshine

So something is up with Dainty Doll. There are epic reductions to be had across the whole range on the internet, and having read this blog post about this, I decided I needed to take full advantage of this, being the pale girl that I am! I purchased these 4 beauties for £1.99 each from fragrancedirect.co.uk , which is a reduction of about £12 per item. I am still in shock at the price of these to be quite honest! The website also delivered in good time, and had fair p&p pricing, so I think I got all this for around the £10 mark.

Now I have never tried Dainty Doll before, which may surprise you as I am a very pale girl, and this range by Nicola Roberts is tailored precisely for girls like me. But to be honest the price always put me off. However I can now fully vouch for the quality of the brand, and that it is worth it!
Starting with the lipsticks, I chose a deep but bright true red in the form of Saucy Sailor, and the muted grey-brown toned nude of Storm in a Teacup. The actual colour of the red is almost my perfect shade. The consistency is nice, if not a little dry.

However I have not had a proper use of it yet, so I can't comment wholly! On the other hand Storm in a Teacup has fast become my favourite lipstick! It is the perfect nude for me! It is pigmented enough to erase the pinkiness of my lips, which tend to shine through most nudes and looks really odd. The finish is super glossy, and the cool tones are really flattering. A definite win!

Moving onto the blushes, I am overwhelmed by the pigmentation of this cheeky pair! I tried My Girl for the first time and packed it on with my blusher brush as per usual, and was alarmed by the line of pure pink on my cheek! ahaha A gentle hand and only a little product is needed in future! hahaha. My Girl is a pale bubblegum pink with a slight shimmer through it. It is very pretty, and cool toned, which is very flattering on my pale skin. However it also worked well dusted over my bronzed cheeks and looked super natural! You Are My Sunshine is plugged as a peach, but I would say it is a peach-toned pink with gold shimmer. I haven't had a proper run of this yet, but it just as pigmented as My Girl. It is a super pretty colour which is definite dupe of Benefit's Bella Bamba, which coincidentally is my favourite blusher for evening looks! Therefore I have high hopes ;)

Anyway have you tried any of Dainty Doll's range? Will you be saddened if it is discontinued?








No comments:

Post a Comment