Skimlinks

Thursday 4 April 2013

This Or That: Pinafore Style

Floral Print: £22 // Black: £20
Both River Island

























So one of the key trends for the Spring-time is definitely pinafore-style mini dress. I really like the simplicity and femininity of this trend, as well as the potential to blend it with lashings of other trends such as monochrome, neon hues and collared shirts. These two styles both happen to be from River Island, and I must say I am impressed with the price of both - especially as I have seen some online for upwards of £40!

The first up is this black, floral version, which is sort of a blend of the dungaree style and the pinafore.I loveee the pattern, and I think this would look amazing with a plain white or grey t-shirt in the warmer months (is that too optimistic??) and some black mary-jane style flatorms. The second is a plain black "standard" pinafore which wholeheartedly reminds me of my primary school 'winter uniform'! Except that was navy, and much less pretty! This would be perfect with collared shirts and fitted crop tops in the summer. I think the black one is probably more wearable, but then may become dated quicker... Also who can resist that beautiful floral print! I genuinely love both though, and will probably purchase one of them!

Which do you prefer? Do you like this trend? Or does it remind you too much of school? haha.


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved my pinafore at school! I recently did an outfit post wearing a new look version. I wasn't too sure about it at first but it's growing on me. I think i'd go for the black as is versatile:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pinafore trend reminds me of my childhood. so i'm not sure if i could rock those but the black one actually looks really cute. i bet it can be styled up easily.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this trend and I'm so excited that it'll be around for Summer! I like that it kinds of reminds me of school lol! I can't choose, but I'm leaning towards the black!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Please vote for me in the Company blog awards, best fashion - newcomer

    x


    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them on others, but really dont think theyd suit me! the black one is cuter


    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling much blessed to be here and reading your thought provoking blog. It has truly increased my knowledge. I will surely come again and again to overcome my thirst for knowledge.

    ladies clothing wholesale suppliers

    ReplyDelete