Skimlinks

Sunday 14 December 2014

Pep Up Your Winter Skin


Happy Sunday everyone! Today has been wet & dreary, and I'm ill as well, and this has got me thinking about my skin and skincare routine. Winter is notoriously harsh on skin, and even worse on already dry skin such as mine. 
Changing weather, the cold, heating, illness - these all contribute to wrecking my skin, by drying it out more, congesting it and breaking it out. However this year I have found a few great ways of pepping my skin up, and I want to share them with you!

1.) Use a calming cleanser such as this one, the Boots Botanics Ultra Calm 3-in-1 Micellar Water. This cleanser will be gentle on your skin, and won't strip away any of your precious moisture, but the calming aspect will help to decongest your skin and eliminate any redness.

2.) The delicate skin around your eyes can get damaged more easily when it's dry, so throw a refreshing eye cream into your routine to keep your peepers soft, supple and perky! I've recently been loving Benefit's It's Potent!

3.) Boost the moisture in your skin by adding an extra step between cleansing and moisturising. Indeed Labs' Hydraluron Moisture Serum uses hyaluronic acid to prep skin to absorb more from your moisturiser, but needs to be used regularly to reap all the benefits. Benefit's Moisture Prep does a very similar thing, but on a short term basis. I find using both on a particularly dry skin day works wonders. 


Have you got any tips and tricks to beat the woes of winter skin? Please share them below & I will try them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment