Skimlinks

Friday 2 January 2015

#JustOliviaNYE

If you've been following me on twitter at all recently, you will have noticed me spamming your feed with my New Year's Eve plans & preparations. New Year is my favourite celebration, I just love the excitement, seeing all your friends who are home for the holidays, and yes I love the glitter!

Every year we seem to have an amazing soul who hosts a massive house party where everyone is welcome, and this year my friend Ellis hosted an incredible cosmic themed one. It was insane, and everyone went all out with their costumes. Beforehand I went for drinks at my friend Katherine's, and us lot all wore bright wigs, and looked like we were in a band. It was amazing.

Anyway, I thought I would share with you the best from my NYE hashtag, and a few pictures from the party. I would love to hear how your various New Years Eve's were, and what your resolutions are? My resolutions are to connect more to people and to look after myself better!

HAPPY 2015!


a.m. December 31 2014 - 

I made my NYE to-do list first thing, otherwise I would 100% forget half the things I needed to do!

Next I had to choose a bright nail colour, I ended up going with Model's Own Beach Party, because who can resist a neon orange??

I then found an old pink wig to wear, it was all over the place, but salvageable. My dog Lucca thought it was for him though, and I must say he suits bright pink hair.



1 p.m. - 3 p.m. December 31 2014 -

I spent the rest of afternoon having a good ol' pamper and relax, so I chucked on a new CD I got for Christmas, Stay Gold by First Aid Kit, tried on the wig, which gave me a massive cone head (as you can see :P ) and painted my nails. I wish the colour came out more clearly in these pictures because Beach Party is sooo bright and neon, its like a highlighter! 

 
5 p.m. - 7 p.m. December 31 2014 -  

The only thing left to do now was to actually get ready! As I would be putting copious amounts of makeup, facial glue and glitter on my face, I decided to really focus on skincare, and cleansed using my new favourite Micellar Water for sensitive skin by Garnier, and then super moisturise by combining my hydraluron serum with Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion.


Following my skincare I opted for a polished base so that my eyes, lips and glittery extras would be the complete focus. Therefore I used Benefit's the Porefessional to create a smooth surface, then covered any blemishes with Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer in 1 Light. I blended that it with my Real Techniques Beauty Blender Sponge and then used L'Oreal's True Match foundation and finally prepped my eyes with Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer.


I finished off my "basic" face by using an illuminating powder (Bourjois' Poudre de Riz de Java) used my Nars And God Created the Woman palette to fill in my brows, and used Benefit Bella Bamba on my cheeks. I then used Nars' eyeshadow primer and started on my eyes. I used a purple eyeshadow all over my lids, then used a pink sparkly colour in the inner corners. I blended this all out and then packed on some semi-transparent rose gold glitter. Unfortunately I didn't photograph these colours, so you'll just have to trust me! I then lined my eyes with liquid liner and lined under my eyes with Urban Decay Half-Baked, which is glorious gold. The only step left now was the glitter!


I bought these 2 glitter pots and facial glue (ew how disgusting does that sound?!) from Topshop. I bought the gold and silver ones and decided to use gold on one side of my face, and silver on the other. They were £4 each, which is very expensive, but they lasted pretty much all night and looked fab!  I put a blob of glitter on the inner corners of my eyes, under my eyes over the half-baked, and followed the cat-eye flick on my eyeliner. I then went a bit crazy and curved it all the way up my cheekbones and over my temples. I also put some in the centre of my face and covered my cheeks. It sounds excessive, and it was, but it looked amazing! (if I do say so myself ;)

7 p.m 31st December 2014 - 5 a.m. 1st January 2015 - 

And this was the finished look! I wish this picture wasn't so blurry! 


I hope you all had a fantastic NYE and have an even better 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment